Information, Policies, and Procedures
Policies Concerning the Meal Plan
- For more information visit the Meal Plan Terms and Conditions page.
- All University Housing residents must have a meal plan while living on campus.
- Incoming students (freshmen and transfers) that have electronically signed their University Housing & Food Service Contracts are automatically assigned the WildCat Weekly 14 meal plan.
- Returning students will automatically be assigned the WildCat Weekly 14 meal plan.
- Meal plans begin at the beginning of each term when the dining halls open.
- All dining halls feature trayless, buffet-style and all-you-can-eat dining.
- Students may stay in a dining hall throughout an entire meal period. However, one may not leave and re-enter that or any other dining hall during the same meal period except under the Unlimited meal plan.
- A "meal" is designated by each time a student uses his/her Wildcard to enter the dining hall.
- The Weekly 14 can only use one meal or Equivalency Meal per meal period.
- Cat Cash can be added to any Meal Plan.
- Cat Cash purchases made by students are tax exempt. Please tell the cashier that you are a student when making your Cat Cash purchases.
- Cash and Credit Card purchases are charged taxes for students, faculty, staff and guests.
- Students may also purchase items at designated retail locations using WildCat Points or Cat Cash.
- There are five meal periods offered in the dining halls:
- Breakfast and Lunch are offered Monday through Saturday.
- Dinner is offered everyday.
- Brunch is offered only on Sunday.
- Late-Night is offered Monday through Thursday at Foster-Walker and Elder.
Change Your Meal Plan
Students may only change their meal plans once each quarter. To change a meal plan visit the Meal Plan Change page.
When changing a meal plan, please note that there may be changes that occur in the billing of your meal plan when charges are prorated.
Charges are prorated differently for each type of meal plan. For this reason, changing from one type of meal plan to another, despite the same quarterly/yearly price, may result in additional charges.
Meal Plan Rates
Door Prices - Applicable taxes will be applied when entering a dining hall using Cash or a Credit Card. Students entering a Dining Hall using Cat Cash or WildCat Points will not be charged taxes.
|Fall 2016 Rates||With WildCard||Without WildCard|
Arrangements for meal contracts are made with:
Food Service Office
600 Haven, Room J147
Evanston, Illinois 60201